Herbs and spices make food tastier while boosting your health. They are full of vitamins! In this recipe spices make the chicken tender and juicy, perfectly coupled with low carb cauliflower rice.
I N G R E D I E N T S
Serves for 2 Easy 45 min.
• 2 chicken breasts • Spices: turmeric, cumin, paprika, curry, parsley • 2 garlic cloves • Lemon juice • ½ cauliflower • 1 plain yoghurt • 3 Mint leaves • Extra virgin olive oil • Salt and black pepper • Skewers sticks
M E T H O D
1. Cut the chicken into chunks and add it into a bowl with one tbsp of lemon juice, chopped garlic and spices. Cover and let marinate not less than 30 minutes. Even better overnight.
2. To prepare the sauce, simply combine the yoghurt with one tsp of lemon juice, one tsp of olive oil, chopped mint, salt and black pepper.
3. For the cauliflower rice grate ½ cauliflower. Chop the garlic clove and stir for few minutes with the “rice” in a hot pan with a tsp of olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
4. Thread the marinate chicken chunks onto skewers and grill them. Serve together with cauliflower rice and yoghurt sauce. Garnish with mint leaves. Enjoy it!
TIPS AND IDEAS:
Try this recipe with fish (cod or haddock). Use tofu for a vegan twist.